A Note From Kathy Title

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

I found my overalls!!

HELLO OUT THERE... anybody home?  What a day it's been.  A glorious, feel good day!  I've been organizing my 800 square foot house and let me tell you, that is NO EASY TASK!  I had so many mixed emotions this morning when I found my favorite bib overalls.  They brought me back, first of all to being 7, 8 and 9 months pregnant in them... with daughters Alissa (now 18) and  Madeline (now 16).  These are the very jeans that Angelica (now 28) was talking about me wearing  over to school (poor kids)... I saw nothin wrong with them at the time.  I fit right in with these pants when Adrianne (now 27) would duck in the van and plead with me not to stop at the curb to pick up someone's trash table / chairs / bookshelves / headboards. I have four daughters .... I didn't have any boys.  That's okay though, I have heard that boys are so much easier than girls... and what is life without a challenge?!!



These overalls tell a story.  I literally lived in them!  Although I don't wear them in public anymore, they are a treasured part of my life!  I painted three books in these and MANY MANY rooms too.  The roller marks are from a stubborn roller that wouldn't stay put on the handle.... I got tired of stopping constantly, grabbing plastic and pushing the roller back on... SO I improvised and used my body covered with overalls to push the roller back on.

There are MANY MANY MORE stories in these overalls that I could tell.

Okay.... Just one more! Dave and I used to go to Iola Car Show every year in Iola, Wisconsin.  It is a HUGE CAR show. There are also MILES AND MILES of JUNK parts... Every mechanic's dream lives there!  There is always a craft show at the local school (with really NICE inside bathrooms)...  WELL... it was about one hundred degrees outside.  Dave for some reason packed my clothes.  I don't remember why... but guess what he packed?  These bibs!  They came in handy when I had to carry a fricken bumper for his Nova back to our HOTEL... (the caravan with no seats in the back parked in the campgrounds across the street). Well right then, he owed me one!  We walked down to the craft show and of course I couldn't wait to get in there to cool off in the bathroom and get washed up.  There were two ladies a little bit older than I was at the time... They were just staring at me and smiling.  I smiled back .... THEN THEY ASKED THE QUESTION...."Where did you get those jeans?"  I had to laugh out loud at first... until I realized they were serious!

Have a GREAT hump day all you Camel LOVERS out there!  Thanks for reading my silly story about my treasured find today!

BIG HUGS and lots of Love!
Kathy Jakopovich

10 comments:

  1. Oh, if those drawers could talk! LOL! What a great story! I thoroughly enjoyed it and can see you in my mind painting up a storm in those breetches!! ♥ Ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AW Lorie, Thank you for your sweet comment! I love ya to bits too!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing your Overalls story with us Kathy:) I enjoyed reading your post. I envisioned every scene you typed up. Sometimes life is funny when you look back, isnt it? Nontheless these are the memories and blessings that come to remind us of all the good times we've had in life:) Take care my friend:)

    Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
    Monica L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Monica! Thank you for your sweet words and for taking the time to read my story. :) As I'm cleaning, I am remembering all kinds of good stuff. :) Take good care, Monica! Have a GREAT Turkey day!! : Lots of Love and Hugs, Kathy

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing your great Overalls story Kathy,I had Overalls along time ago and just loved them too!!! Have a SUPER day my friend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha those damn overalls...funny how a piece of clothing can hold so many memories :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. BIG THANK Kathy, I hope you have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year my sweet blogger friend!!! BIG HUGS

    ReplyDelete