Friday, November 26, 2010
MORE NEW ORNAMENTS at Peachy Keen!
Items at Peachy Keen Stamps that I used to make these:
PKOC-SLY Snowlady Chipboard Shape Set
PKOC-TH Snowman Top Hat Shape Set
PK-461 Happy Lashes 1 1/8"
StazOn Jet Black Ink
Glistening Snow Writer
OH HOW FUN these were to make! Super Simple out of Chipboard SnowLady and Top Hat Snowman.
1.I love to paint so I opted to paint my snow bodies with a very slightly damp sea sponge and Americana Acrylics (Mocha). You can even do them in any light color you choose! Keep sponging until covered. When dry, flip over and paint the back if you have any warping. Most of the time, when dry on one side they will flatten.
2. I used distress ink and foam applicator to shade around the head, body and arms.
3. Stamp the face with StazOn ink
4. I painted the color detail in the faces with my trusty brushes and Americana Acrylics.
** Note: how the white highlights show up so nicely when you use a different color for the snow bodies.. :)
I made the clothes and hats with scraps of coordinating cardstock paper. To do this:
1. Lay your chipboard piece on the back of the paper you are using and trace.
2.Cut it out giving yourself a little extra room.. for a "just in case" episode (LOL.. my middle name is "just in case") ...
3. Adhere the cardstock piece to the chipboard with a glue stick. ( I like Aleene's Gluestick the best for this)
4. Use sandpaper to remove the excess paper around the edges.
5. Use distress ink and foam applicator to finish edges.
1.Punch a hole if using for an ornament in the hat pieces before assembly
2. Adhere the pieces in place with Zip Dry glue or glue dots (I used both on mine)
3. Finish off by adding fun embellishments and Glistening snow texture as shown.